Music Banter - View Single Post - The Support and Encouragement Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 01:54 PM   #34 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I encourage anyone who recognizes they have a problem in real life to stop using the internet to solve it. Seek help from people who can actually help you, not advice from a stranger who only knows your biased side of the story.
Agreed, but it's not a choice of one or the other. Though I know nobody here in real life I have come to think of many as my friends (except Batty, of course!) and sometimes just talking to them has helped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
This. Wonder why I don't "support and encourage" more people who come into the forum and bitch about everything, all day, every day? Because I don't have the energy to constantly deal with emotional vampires.
Surely you hunt them?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddler View Post
Of course it is. I mean if it it's a multiple choice question and the answer is A the answer is A. However for instance on a math problem where you're expected to show your work. Student A arrives at the same answer as Student B but Student A used the "preferred" method whereas Student B did not. Student A gets the answer correct, whereas Student B does not. That would be a little unfair in my opinion. The answer itself is correct, but Student B used a different method to arrive at the answer. The same could be had if for instance a Physical Training Test two different people are given a different standard for a push up.
Off-topic slightly, but it does remind me of a story our history teacher used to tell us about a paper on which the question was phrased "Write all you know about the Hundred Years War" and this guy wrote "I know nothing about the Hundred Years War." They had to give him 100%. You can bet they changed the phrasing after that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
How did you get this way? What f*cking planet did you come from?
Not helping or encouraging
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oriphiel View Post
Fixed that for ya'.
Nor is this.
I know it's a little thing, but come on: the guy is pouring out his heart and you're correcting his ****ing grammar? I mean, I'm a Grammar Nazi too, one of the worst, but time and place, ya know?