Music Banter - View Single Post - Arctic Monkeys - Humbug, Suck It And See
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2015, 10:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Slushburgh
Groupie

Default Arctic Monkeys - Humbug, Suck It And See

I would like to talk about two of the three Arctic Monkeys records you never hear about. They are both pretty polarizing to the fanbase, I think Suck It And See was better received though. Here's what I think:

Humbug
I like Humbug. Not more than either of it's predecessors or AM, but I think it's pretty solid. There are points on this record where Alex Turner sounds like he is going to fall asleep, but his lyrics are on point 3/4 of the time. The instrumentation can get very sluggish and boring, making this album less accessible, which is probably why Suck It And See was better received. 7/10

Suck It And See
I hate Suck It And See. It's so lazy, the songs are so boring! Don't Sit Down 'Cause I've Moved Your Chair is just one riff over and over again, except for the solo. Brick By Brick is annoying, I can't stand it. Almost every song on here sacrifices everything that I liked about Arctic Monkeys to make it sound loud, or something like that. I only like a few songs, and that includes Library Pictures, All My Own Stunts, and the title track (Suck It And See). 3/10

What do you think? I'd like to know what other Arctic Monkeys fans think of these two records.
Slushburgh is offline   Reply With Quote