Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 03:29 PM   #7631 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Honestly it's not very good. I played the demo and was pretty underwhelmed, and further on in the game it gets really weird. Not just the story, which is pretty stupid, but with the gameplay as well. It wants to be old school survival horror where you have to ration your ammo and health, yet the game puts you in situations where you need to attack.
Well I never got around to starting it tonight but it seems that I haven't missed out on too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I'm not a big fan of the Resident Evil games either so that's not a great comparison to me. Take Resident Evil 4 which is held in great regard. You can't sidestep and it pits a variety of manga-style secret agents against monsters in a castle in Transylvania or equivalent.

It's like James Bond meets Dracula. Possibly fun, but also very contrived.
I pretty much loved Resident Evil 4 as it was the second game in the series set in a European setting (northern Spain here) and I really loved the first part of the game exploring a rural location. Admittedly the second half in the castle was pretty long-winded. It was also the first game in the series that functioned more like a arcade shooter as well and changed the original virus concept into a parasite concept. The series hit an all-time low imo on Resident Evil 5 the weakest game in the series, but I even enjoy poor Resident Evil games.
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote