Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 04:20 PM   #7633 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
pretty much loved Resident Evil 4 as it was the second game in the series set in a European setting (northern Spain here) and I really loved the first part of the game exploring a rural location. Admittedly the second half in the castle was pretty long-winded. It was also the first game in the series that functioned more like a arcade shooter as well and changed the original virus concept into a parasite concept. The series hit an all-time low imo on Resident Evil 5 the weakest game in the series, but I even enjoy poor Resident Evil games.
Granted, I've never played the pre-RE 5 games (no Playstation or Gamecube, but I'm sure I'll eventually get around to finding that **** at some game shop that sells old stuff like that), but I very much enjoyed 5 and 6. They weren't at all scary, but I just love third-person shooters. FPS games just have two-dimensional gameplay, dumbed down for the casual gamers, that gets old after about a half-hour (even the good ones), but third-person FPS usually have something else going for them, other than the shooting part: Tomb Raider is also a platformer, Mass Effect's power's and intricate conversation system, and the newer RE games make gameplay intentionally more challenging by limiting ammunition and making the shooting mechanics so that you can't just be a one man killing machine (Yeah, I know that's a staple of the series, but it still works in the newer games).

I'd play 5 and 6 over pretty much any non-Fallout FPS I can thin of, and Fallout has its own reasons for being more than just an FPS, so it doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote