Music Banter - View Single Post - The Support and Encouragement Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2015, 05:05 PM   #105 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Or would it be better for my persona if I commented on something from the last two pages (which is presumably just more bullshit someone thought was offensive discussing whether or not what they read was indeed offensive with someone who was clearly not offended by said post; I haven't read the thread, I'm just making an assumption here given the current climate here on MB) with something really douchey and offensive? Should I carry on ignoring the thread?
I usually invest in a good weather radio in trying times like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
I encourage anyone who recognizes they have a problem in real life to stop using the internet to solve it. Seek help from people who can actually help you, not advice from a stranger who only knows your biased side of the story.
I'm down with DwnWthVwls on this. I usually tend to keep my Internet postings separate from uber-personal threads like this because I don't like getting involved in others' personal problems, even if I want to tell someone to stop engaging in self-destructive behavior. It's not my place, and what is it really going to do anyway unless that person takes direct action to fix his/her problems? To even try to help Frownland like I did is causing me anxiety. If you're only recourse is strangers online, something isn't balanced in your personal life, and I don't think that's healthy. It's kind of like a doctor/patient relationship where you have to maintain a separation of interests. The sentiment was relayed earlier in the thread, but you have to look within yourself for solace. You can write that off as a cliche, but then what happens? Nothing, unless you make whatever it is you want to happen, happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyislingering View Post
I went on a 4-week liquor binge that ended up in total burnout and this is my 2nd day sober.
How's the streak going? The latter, not the former. srs.

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote