Music Banter - View Single Post - Hello thanks for allowing me to be here
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 12:58 AM   #86 (permalink)
DeadChannel
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoe_the_first View Post
Look just ask him where is his justification for blowing the arms and legs off kids.
Who? Me? What?
Get your **** together man. Also throw a falsifiable thesis at me.

Quote:
Where is the BOXCUTTER CONSPIRACY THEORIST'S (hereafter known as BCTs) evidence to support the Government story.
So, it seems like what you're referring to is a satirical piece that cleverly sets the official story w/r/t 9/11 against the idea that it in and of itself is a conspiracy theory.

Now, the problem with this line of reasoning works like this:
1)
I've yet to make a single positive claim. Personally, I have no major personal opinions with regards to who did 9/11. Now, as I have no preconceptions to cloud my judgement, and I intend to keep an open mind, so it should be pretty easy to convince me that what you're saying is true, provided that your argument has a leg to stand on. You seem pretty sure of yourself here, so it shouldn't be too hard to articulate a coherent, logical, un-fallacious argument. Oh, but first a falsifiable thesis would be nice, so that I know what we're talking about.

2)
Due to that fact that I have not made a single positive claim, and am a blank canvas to this issue, I have no burden of proof on me. I do not hold a positive belief in the "official story" (or boxcutter theory or whatever), becaue I have yet to do the research.

However, lacking evidence that something is untrue, or that a mutually exclusive alternative to that thing is true (as is the case here) is not evidence for that something. You're still going to need to provide irrefutable evidence, and a coherent argument that meets the previously stated criteria, to convince me. Oh, and a falsifiable thesis would sure be great so I know what we're actually talking about.

EDIT:
Quote:
Still only 4 posts I see.
Yeah, posts inside the introductions section and the lounge don't count towards total post count.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote