Music Banter - View Single Post - The Indie & Alternative Recommendation Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2015, 11:52 AM   #666 (permalink)
WhatsHerName
Groupie

Default Desperately looking for music recommendations!

Hi there!

I'm new here and kinda new to posting in forums as well.

I have to start by stating the fact that I'm a total noob when it comes to music and genres and that kind of stuff. I never properly developed a music taste so that's kind for what I am trying to do right now. Buuuut, I'm having real trouble finding music I like.

I recently discovered a broad cast on Grooveshark that had the perfect mix for me - it was labelled as Alternative and Indie broadcast. Unfortunately Grooveshark is down and my amazing music source lost forever! I've been trying out different alternative and indie bands that where listed as such on Google but I still haven't had much luck.

So I was hoping if I tell you the bands and songs that I like you might be able to make a few suggestions and help me in my missery.

Here's the list: Green Day (from Dookie to American Idiot), Arctic Monkeys, RHCP, Pigeon Detectives, Kaiser Chiefs, The Black Keys, Cake... can't think of any more bands. But at the moment what I am looking for is basically the sound of the tv-show Suits. I started making a playlist with songs that I liked from the show but that's also gone with Grooveshark. Here some of the songs I remembered from the list: Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma, Grey Lynn Park - The Veils, Intro - The XX, Perfect Girl - The Stereotypes... so I guess it's kind of rocky, upbeat Indie/Alternative, positive with a good vibe?? I'm really having trouble describing this but since I found the broadcast I know that my kind of music exits somewhere out there so I want to find it!

TL;DR
looking for recommendations: Green Day (from Dookie to American Idiot), Arctic Monkeys, RHCP, Pigeon Detectives, Kaiser Chiefs, The Black Keys, Cake, Vampire Weekend - Oxford Comma, Grey Lynn Park - The Veils, Intro - The XX, Perfect Girl - The Stereotypes. "rocky, upbeat Indie/Alternative, positive with a good vibe"
WhatsHerName is offline   Reply With Quote