Music Banter - View Single Post - Noise/Experimental music: can someone explain it to me?
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2015, 02:23 PM   #6 (permalink)
Black Francis
Out of Place

Yea i get that, i called him narrow minded for previous statements he has posted around the forums not because of this thread, at least in this thread he's trying to understand Noise and experimental music and i actually commend him for that.

I like Noise and experimental music but in small doses, i find the beauty in that genre is that the music is a puzzle your mind puts together. it's not music that's easily defined most times you have to familiarize yourself with it for awhile before it starts broadening your horizons.

Im thankful to Sonic youth because they gradually made me appreciate this genre, specifically thankful for the intro to No queen blues

it took me years to hear the groove in that intro at the beginning all i heard was just sh*tty distorted guitars and an awful drummer but now i can appreciate all the nuances of their broken melody.

I think TH needs his own Sonic youth, an artist in this genre that can gradually get him into it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote