Music Banter - View Single Post - Is "Avengers: Age of Ultron" sexist?
View Single Post
Old 05-23-2015, 03:53 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
I don't really know if it's sexist or not but it is a kind of annoying continuation of the trend of female characters wherein their only two story points seem to be "who is she sleeping with" and "would she make a good mom". I think it's also compounded by the fact that there are no toys of her for younger female fans or a solo movie in the works. Personally though, I think Black Widow works better as a supporting character and I'd be far more interested in a She-Hulk, Ms. Marvel, Misty Knight/ Colleen Wing movie or TV series.

I think there's also the fact that Avengers: Age of Ultron is the biggest movie of the year right now and it's an easy way to get eyes on your thoughts if you relate them together. Then of course there's just the people that seem to be nothing but professionally outraged on the internet. I wonder if there's a site where you can buy package deals, like for $100 you get 1000 people making angry rants on Twitter about something you don't like, because if I might need to get in on the ground floor of that...
That's pretty much my view of the situation as well. And I agree, a She-Hulk movie has been a long time coming.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote