Music Banter - View Single Post - Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 02:59 AM   #951 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Never forget hearing Rising Force for the first time. I was doing stuff around the house with the windows open and all of a sudden one of my neighbors slapped it on really loud. This would have right after it was released in 1983.

At that time no-one was playing like that. It blew the roof off. Unfortunately it didn't take long for a bunch of dudes to jump on the neo-classical band wagon, but Yngwie was the trailblazer.

Tony McAlpine's Maximum Security has always been my fave of that genre.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
I remember blazing with a GF back in the 80's and I put Rising Force on. We sat in my car and listened to the whole thing in my driveway. After it was over, I put her station back on the radio, which was a top 40 thing. Here's how the conversation went:

GF: "You're an *******"
Me: "Why? What'd I do?"
GF: "That guitar player"
Me: "Was it that bad?"
GF: "No."
Me: "Well, whats wrong then?"
GF: "You ruined all my music"
Me: "I did what?"
GF: "I can't listen to this anymore, it sounds like crap"
Me: "Good"

I gave her the cassette tape and went and bought another one.
These two stories really indicate the true impact of music and show how certain songs or albums really do form those historical memory banks of a person and how they can take a person right back to a certain moment or situation in their lives.

Thanks for sharing
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote