Music Banter - View Single Post - Is "Avengers: Age of Ultron" sexist?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 07:19 PM   #39 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef K View Post
Well even though she wasn't calling herself a monster for being sterile, clearly she is sad about her sterility (so I guess I worded that last post wrong because I think the scene was sexist but not in the way people are saying), and the movie does sort of reduce her to not much more than a (not) mother and a love interest.

Honestly though the sexism isn't a huge deal to me, although it does exist. If it were a better movie, period, I'd probably care more about it, but as it is there are so many problems with the storytelling and the plot and the characters that the sexism just seems like kind of an awkward byproduct of those bigger problems? I don't know.
Really? I think she had much more of a part than Bruce Banner, making him more the love interest than her. When you think about it, it's actually kind of sexist to automatically view the female as the sex interest rather than the dude.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote