Music Banter - View Single Post - The Wrong Generation Argument, Does it really matter?
View Single Post
Old 05-24-2015, 07:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by grtwhtgrvty View Post
This is such an ignorant thread.

This generation is more DIY than any of the other generations. This is literally the generation where the mainstream corporations have the least influence and the least draw. Back in the 70s, 80s, and 90s, the corporations and record labels decided who became famous, what you heard, what became famous, etc.

Now we have kickstarter. We have DIY. We have DAWs. We have platforms for people to express and promote themsleves.

You are so ****ing beyond ignorant. I am so tired of coming onto this forum and having to correct someone who thinks this exact thing. Every single day there is someone new making this identical thread and I just don't have the energy to write an essay as to why they are wrong so I'm just going to say flat out that you are wrong and you are out of touch and you have no idea what you are talking about even remotely.

Why do so many of you speak without even remotely thinking? Why do you have opinions that aren't even remotely based in logic or reality or any level of rationality whatsoever. Literally how do you even draw these conclusions?

The mainstream hasn't changed at all. The alternative, experimental scene has only gotten bigger, and over time, pushed the mainstream further and further into irrelevancy. It's so blatantly obvious and I have no idea why so many of you need to have this spelled out for you to understand it.

Educate yourself before you make threads so you don't end up looking stupid.

You think society hasn't changed but society has changed, drastically, and the methods that we express fringe art has changed drastically. You're delusional if you think that music in the 60s/70s/etc wasn't corporate as ****. It was way more corporate than it is now, that's 100% for sure.
Knock it off with the insults. Argue with points being made, don't engage in personal attacks.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote