Music Banter - View Single Post - american imperialism
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2015, 01:37 AM   #41 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

honestly i don't see it as a burden. i see it as an ongoing global/historical competition that the united states is currently winning. i think it would be worse to be a country like china which is forced to find a way to work with the united states due to circumstance. i mean yea they'rea autocratic and beat dogs to death with sticks and eat scorpions on a skewer like it was a ****in snickers bar, but really they're just sort of victims of circumstance. they had a successful agrarian society (on and off) for thousands of years and then that **** basically got turned on its head with the industrial revolution and the colombian exchange.

so yea their communist dream to rapidly turn a generally xenophobic and ethnocentric agrarian society into a internationally oriented communist utopia overnight with up to ` billion peasants to feed didn't go so well.

and now they more or less have no choice but to industrialize to be competitive in today's world, and to do so they must make enormous sacrifices
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote