Music Banter - View Single Post - Ireland goes to the polls for a referendum: same sex marriage
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 04:40 AM   #62 (permalink)
adidasss
Slavic gay sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Wilkes Booth View Post
^yea, i agree

in my own experience, anyway

though i know other people who seem to manage it alright

edit - sort of on topic - imo it is a bit strange when you think about it, the concept of same sex marriage. since monogamy in heterosexual relationships basically stems from a pair bonding mating strategy for the purpose of rearing children... why do (many) homosexual relationships also value monogamy?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xurtio View Post
Probably because they were raised in a monogamist society and that was their relationship model growing up.
Maybe. But maybe it also has something to do with our inherent possesiveness and egotism and insecurity. I have a much bigger problem with the idea of my partner sleeping around than with my own of course.

Our choice to remain monogamous was made because at this moment in time, we simply can't manage the many emotional implications sleeping with other people would bring and the questions that would raise (if he wants to sleep with other people, of course! that means I'm not good enough for him!) etc.

Plus, for me, the choice was made because I like the fact that we "belong" just to each other, I like the familiarity of my partner's body. I like the safety of knowing we are exclusive and the fun that condomless sex brings. And most importaint of all, our sex life is simply good and experimental enough that I don't need to look elsewhere for anything. Good sex takes pratice and I feel like our sex life just keeps on improving, the more you get to know your partner and his needs, the better it gets. Random sex with random people can be exciting, I guess, for a minute, but mostly it was (for me) underwhelming and clumsy.

Anyways, congratulations Ireland, proud day for all!

Last.fm
adidasss is offline   Reply With Quote