Music Banter - View Single Post - Your History as a Musician
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2015, 10:11 AM   #2 (permalink)
Chula Vista
Toasted Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPOCH6 View Post
This thread is for all musicians, not just guitarists.

When did you start playing? What was your first instrument? - 1973, 13 years old. Guitar. $99 k-mart strat.
What were the first songs you learned? - simple Sabbath
Did you take lessons and for how long? What was your teacher like? - two. teacher sucked.
When was your first performance? What gear did you have? - some back yard party. ZZ Top, waiting for the Bus. Nailed it.
When did you start or join your first band? What did you play? How long did it last? - Trilogy, 1977 until 1981. Played a ton of shows. We were killer.
How have your gear preferences changed over time? What is your favorite gear now? - all over the map.
How much gear do you own? How much have you sold? What are you hoping to own in the future? - been doing this for so long I forget.
How have your influences and playing style changed over time? - my style has settled into a mashup of DiMeola, Holdsworth, Page, Moore, Lane, and 12 million other guys.
What were your best / worst performances like? - worst? throwing up with the flu while on stage. best? Too many too remember.
Have you ever had any studio experience? Where at? - None.
Do you still play? - of course. Arthritis is trying its damnedest but I'm winning.

:-)

“The fact that we live at the bottom of a deep gravity well,
on the surface of a gas covered planet going around a nuclear fireball 90 million miles away
and think this to be normal is obviously some indication of how skewed our perspective tends to be.”
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote