Music Banter - View Single Post - Retro gems: From NES to the PS
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 09:31 AM   #77 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

I was kind of young to really get down all the combos, and I've never had the reaction speed and hand/eye coordination to really be any good with them even today -- I tried for months, but never managed to be anything but a couple steps above a button masher when it came to Dead or Alive (though in fairness, DoA has a sadistically high learning curve, and more combos and counters to learn than Burger King... or at least that's what I tell myself).

I mainly loved that series because of just how good everything looked. Tho photo-realistic look of MK was great, but it couldn't touch the epic, 3D, CGI graphics of KI, and the characters were even more colorful and just plain fun to play around with, even if I couldn't really use them for ****. It also wasn't too hard of a game on easier settings, though I'm sure I would have rage quit if I ever played against real people. Which I did not. Cause **** that.

Dude, does anyone remember Primal Rage? I don't remember it having a particular amount of depth to its fighting system, but you could fight with dinosaurs, and you had human followers you could eat during matches. Mediocre game or not, it was still fun as ****.

There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote