Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 01:48 PM   #420 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Title: Phantasia
Artiste: Lite
Genre: Rock/Instrumental

Track 1 (Love) Pretty cool opener, like it a lot
Track 2 (Love) Much the same; didn't actually realise we had passed on to the second track
Track 3 (Love) This is really energetic. Love the guitar
Track 4 (Love)This isn't but I still love it, even more in fact. Interesting shift in direction. I still like it. A lot.
Track 5 (Love) Pretty much like everything here so far. Another sudden shift into a different style. Lovely.
Track 6 (Love) Really nice laidback little piece, very short
Track 7 (Love) I really like the way some of these songs seem to run down to an almost stop, then pick up in a totally different vein. If I wasn't watching the tracks I would think at least two of these were different, making up four songs in total.
Track 8 (Love) Second favourite so far. Another which seems to split into two separate tracks
Track 9 (Love) Yeah, love this too.
Track 10 (Love) Running out of superlatives here
Track 11 (Love) Just incredible

End result: When I first saw they were a Japanese instrumental band I rolled my eyes and thought of all those boring post-rock bands I've been subjected to. Absolutely the opposite here. Great melody, great arrangements and very easy on the ear. Excellent pick Plankton!

So, Love or Hate? Hmm. Let me see... Love of course

Chances of a full review: 1/10 (Again, only because it's all instrumental and I find those sort of albums very hard to review in depth)