Music Banter - View Single Post - Policing Debate (Moved from the Confessional Thread)
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 02:59 PM   #70 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
His military was in tatters, he had no WMD, no real power other than his own internal as such. Chances are that IS or AQ would have come in anyway and kicked him out but I don't see where he was a threat to world safety, at least not the one the US made him out to be. Didn't you more or less get rid of him in a matter of days/weeks? Hardly a global dictator then. No more than Gadaffi or Assad I would say.
err... yea his regime in 2003 was more or less a shell of its former self due to being under strict sanctions and being attacked on a regular basis for a good decade. that situation couldn't have possibly continued indefinitely. eventually he was going to have to be let out from under sanctions. and as for his people... he maintained his dominance over them through running a brutal mafia state. his regime was inherently belligerent, authoritarian, and desperately clinging to whatever power they could manage to hold on to.

i guarantee you the US could take out NK too. if you only consider a power a threat when you don't think the US could dominate them militarily, then there aren't ANY threats in the world.
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote