Music Banter - View Single Post - Can we please start acting like rational human beings?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2015, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
DeadChannel
Music Addict

Default Can we please start acting like rational human beings?

Some of you know where I stand w/r/t debate. I think it's a good thing. Debating helps me to understand other people's positions, and it allows me to apply rigor to my own logic. There have been people here who I have disagreed with in the past, but I'd like to think that I, and hopefully my opponents have been able to keep an even keel, and not take things too personally.

But, you know what? This forum, being among my favorite places on the internet, has really made me sad of late. It seems like no one can discuss anything before people start throwing flaming vitriolic **** at each other. Must every topic end up with wanton ad homineming everywhere? Irrationality isn't justified because you think someone is a piece of **** for their point of view. Maybe they are, but you should articulate your logic before you make yourself look like an idiot.

I mean, ****, if you want to argue, great, but try to remain civil. And if you think I'm full of **** in this post, you should tell me why, rationally.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote