Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes to Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 05:08 AM   #9 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

After thinking about it, I find these proposed changes a bit strict. Most of the members here are great people who legitimately care about each other, but under those rules (where, for example, saying two stupid things in a week has the potential to get you perma banned), a lot of them would have been banned a long time ago simply for getting carried away, as we all sometimes do. As another example, a person says one stupid thing in the past, and a mod slaps a permanent infraction on them. After that, making just one mistake, even a tiny one, could push them over the limit and automatically ban them.

It's true that the current system of leniency leads to a few abrasive people running around and making trouble, but it has also allowed for us to have members who we're all better off from having met. I think that's a fair trade off. Not to mention that users who were abrasive in the past, but are now more reformed, would never have gotten the chance to change their ways under these new rules. Just my two cents on the situation.

Last edited by Oriphiel; 05-28-2015 at 05:13 AM.
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote