Music Banter - View Single Post - Fall of a Titan: The Urban Hatemonger tribute thread
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 05:24 AM   #12 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Without getting too upset about what you're saying, let me explain why I created this thread. For all the good it did.

The first thread you relate to is and was a joke thread, made in response to my Batlord thread, so I didn't feel that was an appropriate one to "mark Urban's passing" as it were. The one he started himself had pretty much degenerated into off-topic chat and I didn't feel either that that one would work so I started a new one, complete with cool Viking funeral picture.

I was, and am, not trying to claim anything. If someone else had started one I would have been happy to contribute. I am not a glory seeker (LOOK AT ME! ME! MEEEEEE!!!! OVER HERE! YOU'RE NOT LOOKING!!!!) and I would appreciate it if you, and anyone else, ceased trying to climb into my brain and ascribe motives for the things I do. I merely wanted to provide a thread where people who had stories to share or memories to impart could talk about one of the most important members on the site ever. The fact that it got laughed at speaks, I believe, more to the general attitude here than to my own mindset.

Anyway, it seems nobody cares so so what. But don't tell me I was glory hunting please, as I was doing nothing of the sort, and it's a pretty shallow and silly motive to take from my creation of this thread.