Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes to Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 09:29 AM   #68 (permalink)
Oriphiel
Ask me how!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Fucking stop! I am disgusted by this, and I am floored that in the face of someone saying, hey we are really tight, and you aren't his friend, you still try and lie your way out of it.
And I can see why you'd feel that way. I'm a ham-handed asshole. I'm not trying to lie my way out of anything. I am almost certainly why Urban left, and that negates virtually any positive conversations that we may have had. I messed up.

Now, back to the debate...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Yes, Urban leaving has probably been years in the making. I don't have anymore time today for a long response, so I'll wait, but I'll reply briefly.

Oriphiel, you see no problems where I see plenty. For example, you write that :

Well, wasn't it a volatile situation that just became the last straw for Urban? You mention how Trollheart is rewarded for his efforts. Isn't he also one of the most mocked members here? (I'm sorry TH, I wish it wasn't so, but that's how it seems to me.)
Yes, but far less volatile than the kind of fighting that happened when Sansa and Dirty were around. Compared to, for example, Boo Boo banning everyone after a nasty fight, I'd say we've actually been acting very maturely lately. We're just as good as we've always been, and there has always been weird crap going on. I just really don't see the degradation that you're talking about.

Also, the main people who mock Trollheart are the ones that love him the most. They love to poke at him for being so welcoming/benign, and it's great to be on a forum where people can comfortably take digs at each other every now and then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
You suggest I find another forum. Earlier, I left MB because I didn't like the environment here and yes, I discuss music in other places on the internet. Recently, I thought I'd give MB another chance and see what things are like here. It's not much better than it was and so I'm doing another stab at trying to change things. If I can't and the current climate persists or worsens, I will choose to discuss music elsewhere, as will others. This is like a playground full of very loud kids. If you can stand loud kids, you can be here. If you are a loud kid, you will thrive. If you don't like loud kids, you will eventually get tired and will want to leave.
Yet you came back. You like this forum, and can't stay away from it, but you also want to take away what makes it different from other forums. But enough of all that...

I think we're both being idealistic here. Did you think about the compromise that I mentioned (where at first only The Lounge would be heavily moderated)? How do you feel about that?
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote