Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes to Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 04:33 PM   #108 (permalink)
Exo
All day jazz and biscuits

I still don't think it's necessary.

Name calling on the board is against the rules. The mods should see such a post and either A) Remove it, or B) Address the issue with the person who made the insult. I've also been in favor of closing a thread for a day or two to let things settle. That usually does the trick.

I just think this opens up a whole bunch of new problems. Let's say something very controversial happens, something that is bound to have players on both sides. If that thread is made, an argument is BOUND to happen. I think this system would potentially prevent people from making a thread in the first place, causing this board to become a boring, stale hangout spot.

We don't have people on here attacking people for no reason. It's ALWAYS in the midst of a discussion that involves a hot button topic like police, race, religion, ect. The mods just need to watch these threads closer. There will always be flair ups in random threads like the Your Day thread yesterday. They just don't happen as often.

I don't think we need a system. I think we're doing just fine. The mods are doing their jobs for the most part and I think the board as a whole is just a bit edgy recently.

SUPREME POO BAH MODERATOR EXTRAORDINAIRE
Exo is offline   Reply With Quote