Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite superhero
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2015, 09:19 PM   #64 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

I can't really discuss this with people who didn't spend years of their childhoods (which would have had to be in the 80s) going to a comic book store once a week and spending every bit of their lunch money on comics for years. Definitely can't lower myself to argue about how good ****ing Batman is with people who only know any of these superheroes from recent movies. I guess if I would vote on this poll it'd be for Rogue, but I won't. Maybe Ant Man (Hank Pym not Paul Rudd) partially b/c I like super intelligent heroes - like ****ing Batman.

I used to have a real affinity for a superhero called Cypher. He was a teenage member of The New Mutants, and everybody pretty much didn't like him or thought his power was super stupid but I thought it was great. He could read any language. That's it. Marvel even killed him off he was so dull. But I used to fantasize as a kid about how great life would be if I could do that. On top of being able to read any written language fluently & automatically, you'd be the best hacker in the world and so could have anything you ever wanted, and even sort of have telepathy b/c you can read body language.