Music Banter - View Single Post - Places You Go
Thread: Places You Go
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2015, 11:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
EPOCH6
V8s & 12 Bars

Default Places You Go

Now that I can afford gas I've been exploring the outskirts of my hometown a lot more. My family used to take me camping out there for weeks at a time when I was younger but all of my memories before 10 years old are so hazy. Going out there recently has been mind blowing and completely novel, it's like I'm seeing it all for the first time again. We've spent every weekend camping out here since early April now and don't plan on breaking the streak until summer's over.

Here's a detailed and well labelled map of my hood:

In the early mornings just before sunrise I take off out there alone to look for weird **** off trail and find something almost every time, whether that means an insanely complex 3 story tree house 50 feet up a tree full of books and furniture, a network of caves and creeks, amateur survival shelters, bones hanging from ropes in massive hollowed out stumps burnt from the inside, or dissected animal carcasses... Sometimes it's absolutely terrifying, sometimes it's the most relaxing thing I've ever known.

Pictures of crazy ****:

A view of the valley from a mountain at the beginning of the creek stretching down to the border.

The abandoned quarry where we **** up our vehicles racing and doing miscellaneous dumb ****.

A small swimming pool sized dam at the bottom of a waterfall, 10 minutes up the mountain bordering the quarry.

Deep in the woods, somewhere out there.

And Tree Weaver, the strangest thing I've ever encountered. 20 minutes down the creek towards the border.

Where do you all **** around? Any interesting spots near or in your town? Places that draw unusual amounts of drunken bull****? Post pictures if you can, you all have camera phones, use them.
There's 3 reason why the Rolling Stones are better. I'm going to list them here. 1. Jimi Hendrix from Rolling Stones was a better guitarist then Jimmy Page 2. The bassist from Rolling Stones isn't dead 3. Rolling Stobes wrote Stairway to Heaven and The Ocean so we all know they are superior here.

Last edited by EPOCH6; 02-28-2017 at 02:19 PM.
EPOCH6 is offline   Reply With Quote