Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes to Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 06:33 PM   #182 (permalink)
fiddler
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Read what I said carefully... unless someone else posted their subs/slaves in plug, than so far she is the only one. Everything else you said is a red herring.

I think since that room is part of MusicBanter community then certain rules should carry over. And that includes:

Please, read the Music Banter forum rules.
I was under the impression that it did carry over because that was the chat, I could be mistaken, though.

As for the topic at hand, I honestly think the infraction system is a good idea, however, I would recommend the following:
  • Amending the current rules and allowing members to voice their opinions on the rules before they are finalized;
  • The vBullentin infraction system automatically sends the pm - all you as a mod have to do is give a reason for the infraction and send it off;
  • Moderators should apply the rules equally to all members, regardless of how long they have been on the forums (ex. if I tell TH to f*ck off and he tells me to f*ck off we should both receive the same infraction point);
  • It should also be noted that while the majority of us are adults, there are teens here and we should attempt to tone our language for their sake. However, there should also be an "adult-only" section where the language/content rules are slightly more relaxed;
  • Nobody is above the law, meaning that mods should receive the same punishment if they were to tell me to f*ck off as I would if I were to tell someone to f off;
  • Lastly there's nothing wrong with multiple warnings for the same offense. I would leave that up to the moderator in question, as long as they are consistent with it.

Just a few of my thoughts.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote