Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 1000 Artists/Bands and Artist/Band of the week
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2015, 07:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Thelonious Monkey
Caesar is home.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joenorwood77 View Post
Taking suggestions from Trollheart, here is my attempt at enhancing my artist of the week posts.

Week 1 - Guns N Roses
I still consider Guns N Roses one of my favorite bands of all time. When I was a child, Sweet Child O' Mine was the first rock & roll song that I discovered and loved. Appetite for Destruction is still my #1 album ever. Use Your Illusions 1 and 2 are still both amazing, with only a few disappointing songs on each. GNR Lies,The Spaghetti Incident, and Chinese Democracy are nothing to write home about, but each have some gems. Perhaps those three albums are solid, but are just lacking in compison to such masterpieces as Appetite and Illusions 1 and 2. Estranged and Coma are two songs that barely missed my top 5. The mix of punk and blues with rock and roll make Guns N Roses a solid "go-to" band. My World is a trippy song, unlike anything else within the GNR catalogue. Ain't It Fun was the single pleasant surprise from The Spaghetti Incident I forgot about.

My top 5:
It's So Easy
November Rain
Rocket Queen
Sweet Child O' Mine
Welcome To The Jungle
Guns N Roses was also my first exposure to rock/metal. I remember listening to Appetite For Destruction and nothing else when I was young, and without that album, I wouldn't have got into rock or metal. I did check out their whole discography soon after. Use Your Illusion 1 and 2 are cool but I found there was too much filler. Same for Chinese Democracy. There is quite a few gems I love from that album, and no lie, but I really do like "There Was A Time". Haven't got anything good to say for The Spaghetti Incident. GNR Lies was sweet and short.

Top 5 (random)
"Coma"
"There Was A Time"
"Welcome To The Jungle" My first ever rock song. I flipped my **** first time I heard it.
"Get In The Ring"
"Sweet Child O' Mine"

Last edited by Thelonious Monkey; 05-31-2015 at 07:50 PM.
Thelonious Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote