Music Banter - View Single Post - What Game Are You Playing Right Now?
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 12:16 AM   #7683 (permalink)
Yac
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
Just logged out of Witcher 3 due to annoyance. Sometimes, Geralt doesn't draw his sword when enemies come. I end up fistfighting instead. The last time it was especially annoying because it was during a quest when there are several waves of monsters coming and you have to protect NPCs.

Pressing the "C" button to sheathe/unsheathe doesn't work. Extremely annoying bug! Anyone else experience it?

edit :

Nevermind, seems a common issue. You have to manually select sword by pressing 1 or 2.
I haven't noticed that, but then again I always manually select the swords...something I got used to playing Witcher 1 and it stuck.
My minor annoyance is ... how treacherous the swamps can be. Not because of the monsters, toxic gas, curses etc - because it's full of small sinkholes that turn Geralt into a complete moron that forgets how to climb out. I had to load the game from an earlier save 3 times because the White Wolf doesn't know how to get out of a hole ...
My other pet peeve is that the Hattori Hanzo spoof, a retired elven swordmaster turned pierogi maker, has a quest with a recommended level of 24 and I'm only lvl 16
The more I play the more small bugs I notice, I firmly believe just as with previous games, CDProjekt will everntually release an "enhanced edition" with a massive overhaul of some minor mechanics and ton of bug fixes. So while at the moment these really are minor things that don't make this game significantly less awesome, if someone can't play it now and picks it up in 6+ months, they will probably have a better experience.
Having said all that, the game is awesome.
Also, what I find especially amazing is that so far the majority of big quests are based on old European (I recognize most of them as Polish, but maybe some have a .. broader origin, so to say) legends and myths.
For example, and this might seem like a spoiler but it's a minor quest and I won't mention any specifics, at one point this witchdoctor or whatnot asks you to help perform a ritual that will help guide lost souls home, especially since there's a war and quite a bit of them are roaming around. What happens, how it happens, the words they use - to anyone that has anything to do with polish literature or history, it's a recreation of "Dziady", a pre christian pagan ritual practiced by many slavs.
Yac is offline   Reply With Quote