Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 1000 Artists/Bands and Artist/Band of the week
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2015, 11:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
joenorwood77
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
I was never the biggest GnR fan, but I did have SCoM as my ringtone for a while. It was pretty cool when, phone plugged in to charge, someone would call me and I wasn't there and the long version guitar solo would go on and on. Some people rolled their eyes but I saw more than one shake their head!

"November rain" is a beautiful song, and just shows how you can write a ballad without making it slow, acoustic and piano-driven. One of my favourites from them also. I don't think I'd be able to compile a top five, but certainly those two would be in it. Maybe, I don't know, bit obvious but

Sweet child o' mine
November rain
You could be mine
Don't cry
Paradise City

with honourable mentions for the two covers
Knockin' on Heaven's door
and
Live and let die

Also, the video for "November rain" is great
I remember back in the day when the "You Could Be Mine" music video aired on MTV before the release of the Use Your Illusions and before Terminator 2. It was amazing! I still appreciate it, but just did not make my top 5. I also like how there are two versions of Don't Cry.

Regarding November Rain, not sure how many here have heard this, but there is an acoustic guitar demo version from back around the Appetite for Destruction days that I found. It is interesting.
joenorwood77 is offline   Reply With Quote