Music Banter - View Single Post - solution for homeless
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 11:05 AM   #23 (permalink)
John Wilkes Booth
Account Disabled

wah wah wah

i've been homeless before too

i'm talking about the perpetually homeless. the druggies and mental cases you see roaming around every city. not just anyone who doesn't have a home. the people who for whatever reason, can't seem to find a functional role in society. there's no point in leaving em to try to live off scraps and scams. might as well send them to an island and see what they come up with. it would be interesting to see how they fare in a new land. i'm saying somewhere fertile where they have the prospect of farming, hunting and all that. i'd wager that they'd end up with a better life than they had on the fringes of our society cause a) their drugs wouldn't be available and b) they wouldn't have to contend with already existing rules of society, leaving them free to pursue their survival in a more direct sense.

i hear what you are saying tore, about them gaining mobility. i was thinking about this last night and honestly, it would have to be an island that was blockaded by the navy to prevent any other humans like some whateverdude type greenpeace activist boat from going there. so what we could do is have a ship a few miles off shore that acts as a base for aerial drones that survey the island and the ocean around it, and predator drones that launch missiles at any foreign vessel that breaches the designated boundaries

so yea it will take a lot of work and due diligence, but i do believe we could theoretically give these homeless folk the island paradise that they deserve
John Wilkes Booth is offline   Reply With Quote