Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes to Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 06:17 PM   #305 (permalink)
Aux-In
Wrinkled Magazine

The #1 reason that I'm even here was because I wanted to find a less restrictive environment than some other forums. From what I've read in this thread and others, the problem seems to have stemmed from a few prolific members causing issues because they've gotten too comfortable. I'm not sure how the modding is currently handled (maybe it is handled this way, I don't know), but I'd like to say a few words. To me, an easy solution would be to send the person in question a private message, stating something along the lines of:

"The mod team has met and discussed (whatever the issue is), and we wanted to let you know that it is inappropriate. We consider you a valuable member, but you have to stop doing x, y, and z. For any future actions revolving this issue, please see our rules page [linked here]."

It should be in a PM, too, because just stating "you need to cool it" in the process of a thread discussion doesn't carry the same weight (too indirect). The fact that more than one mod is on board with sending a PM shows that it has been discussed among, well, more than one mod. This helps to make things less personal as it's a group decision. It's something light and functions as a verbal warning, and no system modification/programming is even necessary. If the person refuses to stop what he/she is doing, then form there, you can infraction away and/or follow more punitive measures. Largely, I don't think people change their behavior too much, but you can at least try it that way.

"All over a bowl of bitter beans."
Aux-In is offline   Reply With Quote