Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes to Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 06:24 PM   #306 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulflower View Post
My opinion is based on what other members have said who have gotten infractions and who have shown me (and no I will not disclose who they are or the reasons) but apparently there were no justifiable reasons for the infraction.
In my experience, most people that get infractions don't feel like they are deserved. I'd be surprised if any of those "other members" told you their infraction was totally justified without trying to save face.

Quote:
In addition, it is also based on a infraction that I recently got by a moderator and I am still confused with why I got it.
I just checked your infraction and the comment it's tied to directly violates a written rule. And since you support Tore's proposition outlined in the original post of this thread, I'm having a hard time understanding why you don't agree with the infraction enthusiastically.

Quote:
The particular moderator does not like me (which is fine) but they have some deep seeded issue with me to the point that they go out of their to disrespect me, lie on me and now this infraction.
Whatever issues you and the particular moderator have are irrelevant of the validity of the infraction. Had someone else given you an infraction, it wouldn't become more valid.

Quote:
I don't really think the location of disrespectful remarks made by moderators matters to be honest. Regardless, some members of the mod team have been disrespectful to members here, PERIOD.
Please provide specific examples that are not in the SYG thread so that we can investigate further.

Quote:
I don't think I need to show examples here of that because this issue has been talked about before. The point is, its a problem and it should not be tolerated from a moderator.
Yes you do need to show examples. If you see a problem, please provide evidence of the problem so that we can address them. We are not going to act based on hearsay.

Quote:
It is one thing to criticize but its another to personally attack someone. It just doesn't sit well with me that there are moderators who are giving out infractions for the very thing they do themselves (thats a problem) which is why I strongly believe there should be all new moderators besides maybe one person.
Again, examples please. I'm not aware of any events that have occurred on regular boards/threads not designed for going all out that show mods unjustly attacking individuals inside the scope of rules and context. I would be interested to see such examples, because whether it was due to my own absence or otherwise, it would be news to me.

Quote:
Lastly (and this is not directed toward you free base but more so just an observation I have noticed throughout this thread)

There are other members who feel there should be more new moderators too and just because there not expressing it in this thread doesn't mean other members don't feel the same way.
I don't disagree that there should be more new moderators when and where appropriate. It's just that we are in a state of unknown regarding older current mods and their intentions, and have not begun discussing a course of action as of yet. It's a process and I'm sure it will happen if and when it's necessary.

Quote:
All the opinions in this thread are exclusive and do not represent how the overall forum feels about this issue and I think its naive to believe otherwise.

Is it realistically fair to accept the opinions of what 8 members have to say on a issue that should involve the other thousands of members that make up the board?
I'm unsure whether you're trying to alienate your own perspective or not, but you're not helping yourself by saying that mods should consider the many before the few, which relates to how few people have spoken in agreement for some desperate need for change.

Quote:
You guys don't like to acknowledge that the board is cliquish but this very thread proves just that!

Is it any wonder no other non clique member never wants to say anything or express their opinion on these topics? I don't blame them they probably feel they will just get bashed!
It's VERY clique in here. But I usually see that in two different manifestations: 1 being music taste in general, which is probably to be expected in a music forum. 2 being member-relationship manifestation, which usually means allegiance to certain members they consider friends. But I'm not sure how far clique behavior works when it comes to leadership if everyone is under the same umbrella. I would see more validity in that argument if some people were treated differently than others, and in a way they are, but I tend to see it more as certain "types" of members being treated differently than others, which I talked about when referencing longstanding members versus newbs in terms of chances given. But certainly the possibility of favoritism can exist, however, the mod team is comprised of not just a single person, and we have to all agree on things, which takes debate. I think the only member we all like and would probably never infract is .bob, but that's because he's not the kind of guy to ever do anything to deserve it.

Quote:
I always get a number of PM's every time there is a thread like this that gets started in this section by people who agree with the points I make but don't care to participate in the discussions or voice that they agree with me because they dont want to deal with the bickering and bashing and quite frankly I don't blame them!

A lot of people are intimidated by a lot of you here but I am not. I think its sad the niche of this forum wants to bully other people a way and different ideas.
That's nice and all, but I'm not sure what the suggestion is. Infract anyone who makes you and whoever PMs you agreeing with your points intimidated? Are you to be our barometer for how we moderate, or would it be more wise to gauge the response of the community as a whole, rather than taking the perspective of several vocal members and all the ones you're speaking for?