Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes to Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 11:10 AM   #336 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I feel like you're implying that I have an ulterior motive and, fun as that might be, I really don't.
There are two threads now, so somewhere in either you said you won't want to be a mod in the present condition. So you do want to be a mod? What it seems like is that you want the other mods to do the dirty work for you and then hop on board as a head mod and rule MB using a junta and your personally engineered rules. And why did this come off the heels of UH? leaving? "Something is rotten in the state of Denmark."

Quote:
I see myself more as an engineer than a politician. If I see something that doesn't work as well as I would wish, I want to improve on it and I like fiddling with projects like this. I prefer to look for solutions rather than problems and as Batlord writes, power (like modship), is merely a means to an end (to fix something I perceive as a problem).
More like a "social engineer."

Quote:
I understand that many people don't agree with me, but I think leaving The Lounge alone is a good compromise. Plus, there's all those other places where one could "chat", like in plug.
The key word is "chat" I don't want those places be considered as troll havens. Kinda the way SYG went from a legit. thread expressing how you felt about other members to a troll haven till it was placed in the "memory hole."

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote