Music Banter - View Single Post - Last album you bought, downloaded or listened to
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2015, 04:22 PM   #23406 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

Isaac Hayes - Black Moses - A great album, although sadly it was found in the single-sleeve-for-two-albums edition instead of the original epic fold out (plus, the inner sleeves were advertisements for the make of the pressing - the dreaded DynaFlex). Still, the music is seriously great and the albums are in good condition!

Planet P Project (Tony Carey) - Pink World - Another Double platter, but it's good. Ambitious and under-valued, although it has it's fans. I had memories of a couple of songs being played on the radio.

David Sylvian - Gone to Earth - Double Album #3 for today! - This is the first time I actually heard this album, although when it was out my tastes were not yet with the ambitious turn he took as a solo artist. In a couple of year Talk Talk's The Spirit of Eden would start to cool my heels after a couple of living from Punk show to Punk show.

Mott the Hoople - The Hoople - Bought for a dollar, but certainly worth more. A great album!

Rodney on the ROQ Vol. 1 - this collection brought back some memories of hanging out with a great friend in the middle of nowhere just North of Toledo during 1983-4, listening to a lot of this stuff. A great education as well as the breaking down of a lot of barriers.

Mitch Ryder - What Now My Love? - The infamous Late 1967 album which featured Bob Crewe taking the singer into Ballad territory without The Detroit Wheels. An amusing album with half-ballads and half rockers with some good tracks, but a bloated production and the "Star Trek" backing vocals ruin it a bit. Have to watch the volume when I hear this on my headphones as the horns on the Right Speaker blast out!

Rick Nelson - In Concert - Another nice Dollar Bin find. A solid album. Cal-Rock fans take note of a Pre-Eagles Randy Meisner on Bass.
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote