Music Banter - View Single Post - Changes to Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 07:21 AM   #372 (permalink)
Guybrush
Juicious Maximus III

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
Tore: Since the no vote outweighs the yes is it safe to admit that people are just not that into your idea.
No disrespect but poll hasnt changed. Id say scrap your idea and try a new one.
I don't think it's time yet. I'm not sure if you know what the common development of a discussion is like, but getting to the point where it's actually fruitful and constructive can take a while. I have the patience and determination to get to this point and I basically think we're getting there. This could be the best part.

In my last post, I pointed out to Janszoon that our goals may not be so different. It seems to me we pretty much want the same thing regarding nonsense posts and a misapprehension that this was something we disagreed on may now clear up.

Similarly, Ki and Trollheart have treated this discussion as if the suggestion includes punishing all friendly banter through the no nonsense posts rule, but that is not necessarily so. I've now pointed out that if there was no rule against nonsense posts, there would be little reason to punish nonsense. Perhaps this information will make them change perspective? Also, I believe they've yet to acknowledge or consider that even with that rule in place, getting infractions for breaking it may not be a big deal as it could require repeated rule breakage in a short time span to really get punished. This is another point I made in my last post and also one I am hoping they will pick up on.

So, in other words, I think this discussion is still progressing along nicely if not better than ever.

Edit : I think the overall tone is improving too.