Music Banter - View Single Post - Windows Outlook Help
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2015, 06:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Freebase Dali
Partying on the inside

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
^I was readin about that trying to find an answer for Chula. What are the benefits of that over remote access?

I don't mess with Outlook.
Well, for one, RDP or some other remote access is an extra step and still all relies on the remote computer and manual moving. For my Exchange servers and all my clients that connect to it, it's a lot easier for all of them and myself to simply update their local machines from the server automatically and use an OST for offline storage because any time they connect to their mailbox either with ActiveSync on their phones or Outlook on their roaming laptops, whatever new mail has come in, that mail is downloaded. It's basically like always being at the office, except instead of only seeing your mail when you're connected to the server, you can read all your already downloaded mail when you're not.

The longest part is just the initial download of all the mail and folders if they're on the server already, but after that, any new mail or folder changes automatically update to and from the server any time you're connected. It's basically the same thing as Dropbox, except it's a mail client infrastructure.