Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 10:11 AM   #572 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Title: Album
Artiste: Girls
Genre: Indie
Familiarity: Zero

Track 1(Love) Nice jangly guitar, not crazy about the singer.
Track 2(Love) Really like this one; can kind of hear Elvis Costello in his voice now. Great bouncy poppy sound to it, great melody. A real improvement.
Track 3(Love) Now he sounds like Geldof! Ah whatever. This has a nice slow vibe to it. Really like it. Great percussion.
Track 4(Love) Gorgeous guitar intro here
Track 5(Love) Man this is mad! Rock and roll rules! Great energy and a lot of fun while
Track 6(Love) I love this for a much different reason. A great morose ballad with some optimism in the lyric. Quite a simple melody, which makes it even better.
Track 7(Love) A really nice little ballad, puts me in mind of The Cars at their best.
Track 8(Love) Kicking things up now with a really strong guitar. Have liked everything on this album so far. Don't see that changing before the end. Back to the Elvis vocal. Some great phased guitar here. What? I don't know: sounds like it to me. I don't even know what a phased guitar is! But it sounds cool. Love the ending.
Track 9(Love) Another slow, kind of moody piece. Really good.
Track 10(Love) A more uptempo track, lots of energy, great guitar, again quite simple
Track 11(Love) Back to slow and moody, with a slight Country feel to it. Love it. The sort of low, crooned vocal in the background is really different and I like it a lot.
Track 12(Love) The very epitome of an indie track? Back to the Geldof style vocal with a certain sixties feel to it. Good closer.

End result: Had no idea what to expect here, but given that this rec came on the back of a proposed slew of punk albums I thought that was what it would be. A pleasant surprise, and a very good album. If the other one is rated better, then I should probably listen to that as well.

So, Love or Hate? No end of Love here!

Chances of a full review: 7/10