Music Banter - View Single Post - New Policy for Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2015, 06:21 PM   #122 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
[...] I like the way you number your options, but how about if each number represents one question or issue? You'll read what I mean below.
Bolstering the mod team

1. The mod team should be bolstered with additional mods

1. The mod team should NOT be bolstered with additional mods
[...]

Thoughts?
Tore, I like how you created a topic heading for the items up for vote, and I like Freebase's ideas on trying to clarify and distinguish among the various options that could be put up for vote.

I recommend using a number and a letter for each item to make the potential new poll a little less confusing. Example:
Mod team

1A. The mod team should be bolstered with additional mods.

1B. The mod team should NOT be bolstered with additional mods.

1C. The current mod team should be retained.

1D. Some or all of the current moderators should be replaced.
(I would add "1C" and "1D" to give those members who have the opinion that some or all of the current mod team should be replaced a chance to voice it officially, since it has been suggested.)

Freebase suggested this option: "The mod team should be bolstered with whoever most people like, irrelevant of personality or temper."

Freebase, does this ^ suggest that a new mod would be picked based on popular vote, rather than moderators selecting among willing candidates?

I think that it would be good to offer a counter option for mod selection, too, such as: "The mod team should be bolstered with new moderators based on personality and temper rather than popularity."

If anyone actually reads through and gets to the end of this proposed long and more detailed poll, I will be really impressed!
(EDIT: Especially if that person is right-track. )
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 06-05-2015 at 06:28 PM.