Music Banter - View Single Post - Greatest sportsmen of all time?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 03:22 AM   #27 (permalink)
Nurse Duckett
Music Addict

To Goofle and Monkeytennis,

Did Messi win the World Cup almost single handedly? No he didn't, he disappeared didn't he, he's never won a World Cup and i doubt he ever will. Maradona won the 1986 World Cup for Argentina with the most impressive and explosive WC performances in modern history. Did Messi leave Barca and join a small unfashionable club in Italy that had never won the Italian title and lead them to the Italian League title? No, he hasnt has he.

So, if a player hasnt scored as many goals as Messi they're not as good as him is that what you're saying? By that reasoning any player that has scored more than him is better than him? All midfielders and defenders that don't score a lot of goals are never going to be as good as him? Its all just about goals is it?

I hope neither of you take this the wrong way, but i have to say it. I obviously understand the game of Football/Soccer on a much deeper level than either of you, can I suggest you both try and open your minds a little or in Goofles case a lot, and study the game. Don't use Sky TV as a study aid, that would be like asking a 9 year old with obvious learning difficulties to help you revise for your mathematics degree exam.

ps Bergkamp was twice the player Messi will ever be, if Goofle was half the Arsenal fan he pretends to be he'd already know this, he was better at everything than Messi. Thierry Henry said that Bergkamp was the best player he ever played with, and remember Henry was at Barca with Messi! Which opinion carries the most weight, your Messi scored more therefore hes better or Henrys professional opinion?

pps. I'd bet my left bollock that you two will be saying Neymars the best player ever within the next 5 years, because thats what Sky TV will be telling you to say. You'll probably both deny this today, but that's only because Sky haven't brainwashed you both yet, they will, just like they have about Messi.

MOT
Nurse Duckett is offline   Reply With Quote