Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 10:22 AM   #576 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Title: Deltron 3030
Artiste: Deltron 3030
Genre: Hip-hop
Familiarity: Zero

Track 1() I'm not going to be rating “songs” that are thirty seconds or so long.
Track 2(Love) I like this; kind of relaxed hip-hop with a shot of sci-fi and kind of electronica in the music
Track 3() See track 1; in fact now I'm just not going to even mention these little “bridging tracks”
Track 4(Love) Like this one too; the kind of Arabic riff is cool
Track 5(Love) This is very uptempo, fun and kind of reminds me of those old disco songs from the seventies. Nice.
Track 7(Love) Love the “Twilight Zone” riff!
Track 8(Love) The drum loop (?) is great, as are the alienesque keys. “Upgrade the gray matter, cos one day it may matter!” Class.
Track 10(Love) Yeah, that was pleasant enough.
Track 12(Love) Like the synths on this also the chorus is really good; kind of takes you by surprise after all the rapping
Track 14(Love) Nice to hear some guitar, even some harmonica (though I'm sure it's synthesised). Good female vocal too.
Track 16(Love) Has a certain amount of drama about it, ominous but doesn't really sound like it
Track 17(Love) A decent track.
Track 18(Love) Yeah it's okay
Track 19(Love) Uh-huh...
Track 20(Love) And again.

End result: Nothing I can hate, interesting but maybe too long; I kind of lost interest about halfway through. Would probably get into it more on subsequent listens. Maybe.

So, Love or Hate? For now it's certainly a Love

Chances of a full review: 4/10