Music Banter - View Single Post - New Policy for Rule Enforcement
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2015, 06:09 PM   #151 (permalink)
Lisnaholic
...here to hear...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ki View Post
The poll is in favor of No, and yet you're still willing to keep going with new polls? If you haven't already noticed, 3 or 4 different people have started threads basically mocking yours in an attempt to bring this entire thing to a stop or to suggest new things for something that really doesn't need to change.

It's probably for the best if you and everyone else involved just puts this to rest at last.

And if not, it's really not my place to say, but you're really making it hard for people to want to post anywhere like they used to due to this becoming a plague on the forum.
^ Yes, the sprawl of threads and polls is beginning to get bewildering, but that's democracy and humour at work, and shows that MB is a basically healthy place imo.

In fairness to tore, Freebase and VEGANGELICA, it's clear that they are putting a lot of thought into getting a new definitive poll: I say thanks for your efforts and don't rush unnecessarily.

Someone seemed to think that this current poll has been left open in hopes that the current "No" majority might be overtaken, but I'm sure the only motive is to pick up straggling voters, such as myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tore View Post
I was actually thinking about just cutting out the options on bolstering the mod team. I thought whether or not the team needs bolstering will basically be determined on whether or not the current mod team can cope with the projected future workload rather than answers in this poll.

Whatcha think?
^ If it's no trouble, tore, I'd prefer to see the "additional mod" options retained. A decision about "more mods or not?" can be irrespective of any other changes, and is one of the choices that your super-poll can pick up, I hope.

Does anyone think my own five-cent idea is worth including in the poll, btw:

An anonymous joint account, for mods use only, should be created to promote impartial rule enforcement.
An anonymous joint account for mods use only should NOT be created.

( With apologies to tore and all those who have supported his infraction scheme, I'm voting No in this poll. I don't think present conduct on this forum is bad/unpopular enough to justify the changes that have been suggested, especially as there is a question mark over how beneficial those changes would be.)

Last edited by Lisnaholic; 06-06-2015 at 06:19 PM.