Music Banter - View Single Post - List the current contents of your backpack.
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 02:40 AM   #46 (permalink)
fiddler
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
All we had were BDU's and extreme cold weather gear. I did the REFORGER thing up in the mountains for a couple years. Peacetime stuff, long ago. I got out right before the Gulf War, and the fall of the Berlin Wall, so that was after my time, but I believe they started circulating them into what we called the "New" Army. I graduated from boot at Tank Hill, Fort Jackson MI, in Feb '87 and was one of the last ones to graduate in the old WWII Barracks they had us in (they had bulldozers tearing those matchboxes down as we held the grad ceremony). New Army got A2's, which only fired 4 round bursts too at that time, we had the A1's... fully auto, so we made fun of them too. I fired Expert, btw, one of the 2 to get that honor at grad. and a Huey ride back to the barracks that day.
Aha ok I didn't know if you had seen the ACUs or worked with them or whatever. When I went through basic, we had the BDUs and once I got company-side I was issued the ACUs. At the time there were mixed feelings, at least from the soldiers I interacted with. I personally didn't give a **** either way, not like we had a choice anyways.
fiddler is offline   Reply With Quote