Music Banter - View Single Post - Smarter ways to share YouTube content
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2015, 05:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

I'll be honest man, that sounds like a whole lot of trouble to basically ensure videos are still there when new members read your entries years or months later. I guess for you it's important, as after all your journal is very video-intensive. Me, I do tend to check every so often (though with so many journals and so many entries in each I can't do that on a regular basis, and I usually stumble across problems when I'm looking for or checking something else) but to be perfectly honest, if I see a video is missing I tend to shrug. If someone really wants to hear that they can find it themselves; my articles focus more on the writing and less on the YouTubes.

Fair play to you for your detailed guide, and anyone who wants to go to that length of trouble ensuring their YTs are there forever, but given the probably small amount of people (comparatively speaking) who even read these things much less click on videos, I would just consider it wasted effort. Well, not wasted effort, that's not fair: certainly too much effort for in the end a small return.

It's just not that important to me, personally.

I would also point out that the percentage of videos in my journals that are no longer accessible is actually quite low; most of even the first few pages, written four years ago now, still have their videos intact. So it's not perhaps as big a problem as it could be.