Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 04:59 PM   #622 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Title: Meet The Residents
Artiste: The Residents
Genre: Avant-garde/ Experimental
Familiarity: Zero

Track 1(Hate) You sure this isn't a Beefheart album?
Track 2(Love) Well at least it has music this time. Still not mad about it though but not as terrible as the first track.
Track 3(Love) Nice bit of sax with a weird percussion; the vocals are more like something out of The Goons though. Yeah, I'm that old. No, not really.
Track 4(Hate) Like two squeaky pigs fighting over a bass guitar. Oh, with added dog.
Track 5(Love) Kind of an odd “Looney Tunes” feel to this
Track 6(Hate) Now we have gypsies playing videogames
Track 7(Love) This isn't bad. Nice instrumental, with cool piano and some not-too-annoying horns. The first track of any proper length too; the rest have all been about a minute long.
Track 8(Love) Hmm. Not too bad really.
Track 9(Love) Bit too much operatic screaming in it for my tastes, but overall not bad
Track 10(Love) Waits huh? Like it.
Track 11(Hate) Heard this when I ran “I'm dreaming of a weird Christmas” last year. Hated it then, hate it now.
Track 12(Hate) A bit weird (which is saying something for this album!) They're certainly into repetition, aren't they?

End result: Just really weird and not at all my cup of tea. Who would have known huh?

So, Love or Hate? I know there are more green than red tracks, but I'm just being kind here. In reality, this is a Hate.

Chances of a full review: 0/10