Music Banter - View Single Post - Fiddler's Adventures On Patrol
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 07:43 PM   #14 (permalink)
fiddler
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
Also wondering in a case like that, well at least if you had known it was a dog and not a human, woundn't animal control be dispatched? Or does that kind of, uh, unique situation fall in some kind of grey area between two agencies?
Generally animal control wouldn't be called onto a military post unless it was a situation that we couldn't handle - we do have K9 handlers. And then in that case we have to go to the gate and bring them through. Remember this is a military post, so getting outside resources in isn't always easy. Possible, yes, but not always easy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Maybe dispatch was having a laugh? And I like the lingo. Makes the story feel legit. Just so long as you explain what you're talking about.
Ehh I think I'll include the jargon and just translate it. Everyone else can SUCK IT cuz it's MINE!

Update:

I was sitting at one of the gates wasting time before I went home for the day and this teenage pulls up to the gate in his truck. Now this kid was 17 - I know because I checked his license. Anyone driving a vehicle up to the gate of a military post is subject to random searches. This is for the safety of the post and to maintain a secure environment. Military or civilians who are meant to be there can apply for what's basically a quick pass from the DoD.

This pass is a little sticker that goes in the windshield, and generally post specific or that it would say the post you're from or whatever. He had one of these stickers for NAS Lemoore...which is a Naval base in California. The other thing about these stickers is the newer ones (last 15yrs) have a reflective holograph that when the light hits it will flash. The quick and easy way to see if they're real or not is just take your flash light and flick it over it. No holograph? Fake.

So I did that on this kid's sticker and it didn't have this and since it was an older truck the thought occurred to me what's the chances this kid faked a pass to get on post? What are the chances he stole his dad/granddad's truck to get onto post? I didn't even ask him for his ID when he rolled down his window I just asked him "Kid, did you fake the pass or did you steal someone's truck that had it on there?"

As it turns out, he had stolen his dad's truck because he wanted to try some "real Army food". What...the...f*ck.

I called his dad and his dad was PISSED. Boy was he ticked.