Music Banter - View Single Post - What phone do you have?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2015, 09:03 PM   #182 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post
Was there anything you didn't like about the HTC? Or did you get your Nexus 7 after the phone and you've noticed a difference between stock/bloatware?
Nothing I don't like about the HTC. The bloatware is annoying but it's not a deal breaker, and I had nothing to compare it to besides my old iPhone. The HTC UI (Sense 6) is really not bad. I've never used a Samsung but it seems just about universal that people feel like Touchwiz is much worse.

I got the N7 on a whim, I had a groupon for a new 2013 for $150 so I got it just for fun. But I love it and now that I've used stock android I can't see myself using anything else - for a tablet or a phone. Unlike you though I like having 2 mobile devices. The phone is for carrying around and the tablet for more stationary things. But the N7 is small enough that I can carry it around pretty easily if I want. I don't think they can make a phone big enough that I'll want to use it for everything that I use the tablet for - even the N7 feels a bit small. And I'd rather not have my phone get any bigger although when my contract runs out I'm going to do an intensive cost/benefit analysis of all available phones and I'll definitely be looking at the N6

And yes I definitely notice the difference between stock & bloat. Granted the tablet and the phone are sort of different animals (namely the tablet is 16GB, no external storage, wifi only, worthless camera) but the stock is just more fun to use. Android on my htc already feels very open ended and unlimited, but stock feels even more like that.