Music Banter - View Single Post - Your History as a Musician
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 08:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Marcus Brummel
Account Disabled

When did you start playing? What was your first instrument?
After I saw The Beatles on TV in 1964 I wanted a guitar. My Grandfather gave me his guitar, it was a 1940 something Kay Kraft Florentine.

What were the first songs you learned?
I guess the first impressionable song I learned was the G, Em, C, D progression.

Did you take lessons and for how long? What was your teacher like?
No.

When was your first performance? What gear did you have?
My first performance was at an old run down Catholic church. A friend of mine let me use his Fender Jaguar. Ventures and "Keep On Dancing" were the songs.

When did you start or join your first band? What did you play? How long did it last?
See above.

How have your gear preferences changed over time? What is your favorite gear now?
After going through nearly all available brands I found out who made guitars for Lindsey Buckingham. I've settled on Rick Turner guitars ever since.

How much gear do you own? How much have you sold? What are you hoping to own in the future?
I've sold more guitars than most people own. I have over 60 guitars or basses now. Many amps, PA systems and recording equipment.

How have your influences and playing style changed over time?
I play finger style acoustic now for the most part but I also play bass, banjo, violin, mandolin, drums and piano. I think my playing style developed through learning how to play the banjo.

Have you ever had any studio experience? Where at?
I have two recording studios but I have recorded in other studios.
Marcus Brummel is offline   Reply With Quote