Music Banter - View Single Post - How Should MB Be Moderated?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 10:17 AM   #42 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
you can't complain about how things are run!
Sure we can, and then we can make a poll to try and change it.

I wasn't going to reply to this thread, and I'm not sure if you'd want my opinion on things around here, but here it is anyway, and I mean no offense whatsoever:

I've only observed a few instances of people demanding change to the way things are run here, and for the most part the changes are brought up from someone who's presence here is a bit more stoic, which is uncommon for the majority of the other members, which are a bit more laid back. This, to me, seems like a control issue. Someone that won't allow a bit of youthful playfulness into a discussion, or needs their thoughts and opinions on what they believe to be taken very seriously by a group of strangers just seems a bit off. Sure, there are times when things get sketchy here, and there will always be trolls, and sometimes people feel the need for posting only one word, or a small phrase, and if you ask me, it's been handled with as much tact and grace as one could possibly expect from the few who are in the position to deal with it. I really only see this poll as an attempt at controlling something which is by nature, a chaotic entity, and is already being handled as such in a manner that not only nurtures fun and friendly discussion, but also addresses the intellectual side of things as well.

That's all I've got.