Music Banter - View Single Post - How Should MB Be Moderated?
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 10:26 AM   #45 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Sure we can, and then we can make a poll to try and change it.

I wasn't going to reply to this thread, and I'm not sure if you'd want my opinion on things around here, but here it is anyway, and I mean no offense whatsoever:

I've only observed a few instances of people demanding change to the way things are run here, and for the most part the changes are brought up from someone who's presence here is a bit more stoic, which is uncommon for the majority of the other members, which are a bit more laid back. This, to me, seems like a control issue. Someone that won't allow a bit of youthful playfulness into a discussion, or needs their thoughts and opinions on what they believe to be taken very seriously by a group of strangers just seems a bit off. Sure, there are times when things get sketchy here, and there will always be trolls, and sometimes people feel the need for posting only one word, or a small phrase, and if you ask me, it's been handled with as much tact and grace as one could possibly expect from the few who are in the position to deal with it. I really only see this poll as an attempt at controlling something which is by nature, a chaotic entity, and is already being handled as such in a manner that not only nurtures fun and friendly discussion, but also addresses the intellectual side of things as well.

That's all I've got.
Pretty much this. Tore has complained that the chaotic nature of the board has attracted those who thrive in such an environment, and repelled those who don't, but he frames it in such a way that he takes it for granted that an atmosphere run by "noisy kids" is by nature inferior to a more serious one.

Of course a certain atmosphere attracts some and repels others, but treating the current vibe as if its something that's "gone wrong" as opposed to just an environment that you happen to dislike is to treat a subjective issue as if it's objective.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.