Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2015, 01:35 PM   #32568 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plankton View Post
Had a head-on collision last night with me on a mini bike, and a friend on a go-cart. I was doing about 20-25 mph, as the go-cart was doing the same came around a corner, and BAM! Lights out. Sprained my wrist, re injured my foot and collar bone, bruise on my leg, and neck, fractured my nose, and I have 9 stitches in my forehead, and 5 stiches in my chin. Got out of the emergency room at 5am this morning all sewn up. It could have been a lot worse, it's a good thing I have a hard head since it bounced off of the roll cage on the go-cart at an impact equal to about 60mph.

It'll be a while until I can play guitar again (left wrist is very tender), so I guess I'll be taking a break.
So, it's been almost a year since this happened. Everything is mostly back to normal, save for a twinge of pain in my wrist when I play for extended periods of time, but all-in-all I'm pretty much at 99%. The mini-bike I destroyed got a makeover too:

Spoiler for Pics:
The aftermath (notice, I still smoked back when I took this pic last year):

New frame purchased and painted:

Putting it all together:

Assembly almost done:

Yes, that's a 5HP Honda Power Washer Motor on it now. It'll do about 50mph. I call it "Purple Death":